About The Event
We proudly announce the 1st edition of the International Advanced Plastics, Polymers and Adhesives Exhibition and Conference. A one-day event covering relevant topics to our industry, brought by world-class leaders, including recycling/reusing, 3D-printing and other exciting subjects, as well as facilitated networking among participants and Sponsors.
Plastic Industry is the backbone of the Irish manufacturing sector with more than 230 companies supporting 7,000 jobs and over €1.6 billion in exports per year. It is time to promote our international relevance
Plastics, Polymers and Adhesives are present in almost every industry in one form or another, either as part of the product or packaging.
Every industry uses these materials, and all industries have a responsibility in the proper use or misuse. And recently, abuse and misuse have turned the other times "wonder material" into the Nr 1 Public Enemy because the evident negative impact on the environment.
APPA wants to offer a 360º perspective from all the points of view and along the full material lifecycle, from design and manufacturing to refuse collection, recycling and reusing. Appa gives the Industry, Policy Makers and general Public the opportunity to learn, participate and progress to a better world.
APPA has an International vocation. Our strategy includes commercialisation in the EU, the US, China, and South-East Asia.
AIT International Sports Arena
18th May 2022
Proposed Conference Topics
Call for Papers now open.
We request papers with relevance to the current situation of our Industry
PLASTICS in the Environment
- - Ocean Plastics and other environmental problems and/or solutions.
- - Microplastics and the food-chain
Giving value back to waste materials: The R-cycle
- - Harvesting plastics: Recovering Household, Urban and Industrial refuse; requirements, business opportunites
- - Sorting to increase value
- - Reprocessing into fresh Raw Materials: Quality and Efficiency issues in Recycling and Reprocessing
- - The CO2 Balance of the Recovery-Regenerate-Reuse cycle
- - Design for recycling: Impact of product design in the recovery cost
Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- - Latest improvements in manufacturing technologies, less raw material, higher energy efficiency
- - 3D printing as a sustainable process: Can 3D printing reduce plastic usage and CO2 footprint?
- - Ultrasonic Injection Moulding: the new generation
Plastic or No Plastic, that is the question
- - Should we substitute Plastics and Polymers for Vegetal-derived materials?
- - Biodegradable, Biocompostable: Alternatives to current materials in the food industry
- - Excessive packaging and how to reduce: Is it really adding value?
- - Other bio-materials
Adhesives and union technologies
- - Does welding or bonding hinder recyclability?
- - Advantages of bonding or welding over overmolding technologies
Plastics, Polymers and Adhesives in the Medical Industry
- - Plastics have revolutionised the Medical Industry and Healthcare
- - The benefits of plastics in the Medical Industry
- - Cardiovascular-friendly materials
Conferences will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Conferences are free to attend
Pre-registration is recommended to grant you a seat
Schedule to be announced
Speakers willbe announced soon
Event venue location info and gallery
International Sports Arena
AIT Athlone, Ireland
A modern, state of the art facility with capacity to 300 stands and 2500 attendees. Parking, catering, and conference rooms.
Situated in the geographical centre of the country and connected by motorway, less than 90 min drive from Dublin or Shannon International Airports
Here are some nearby hotels
Request special price for the APPA Exhibition
Exhibiting and sponsoring
2 x 2m Corner stands, equipped with:
- Walls structure
- Exhibitor name panel
- 2 spotlights
- 1x double socket, 240V AC, 1kW
- One 4ft trestle table, white, and two chairs
- Apart from the stand of their choice, according to the descriptions below, APPA offers the following
conditions to all exhibitors to create a better experience:
- Free underground parking (one car per exhibitor), with direct access to the main exhibition hall,
- Exhibitors private area with free tea and coffee
- full meal at the canteen for two delegates, the two days
- Exhibitors can purchase extra meals to cumpliment their customers
- Exhibitors take preference as speakers
- The following conditions apply to all sponsors:
- All the Sponsorship Opportunities are only available for exhibitors, except for the Breakfast Briefings, one each day.
- We will display your logo on the Sponsors section of our website and any material distributed by post or email.
- Sponsors take preference to present and speak at the conference in the designated topics. As a Sponsor, you can suggest a topic within the storylines and submit a proposal.
- All the benefits of Exhibitors
- After-show Networking event
- Conference Sponsor
- Breakfast Briefing
- Arrival flags
- Registration Area
- Content on TV screens
- Suggest other sponsoring options
- 1.5 x 3m hanging flags
- 3 x 1.5m banner
- "You are here" boards and Direction panels
- Show Planner
- Visitor badges
- Visitor/exhibitor lanyards
Exhibit and sponsor to promote your business
Propose a topic or a speaker.
click button to download a .pdf document
Unit 50, Blyry Bussiness &
Athlone, Co. Westmeath, Ireland